Saturday, July 29, 2006

Rock N Roll Refugee

I'm currently living out of a suitcase in Highgate.

Had one helluva busy week. Lots of stress, but I'm feeling grounded now, with some good friends. Managed to sleep well over the last few nights. Its great to have that old house behind me. It really seemed to be a house of doom.

Am moving into the place, in sunny Dalston no-less, on August 4th. I'm really looking forward to getting my studio set back up there -and I'm having my PC upgraded at the moment - so I should be able to do more things with my music.

I've enjoyed a wonderful creative burst in the last week, and have made real headway into the new opera. Its a joy to write about light.

But expect surprises. This is not going to be purely metaphorical. There is going to be real grit in it. What is particularly constructive for me, is that I am working toward a simple and elegant concept. Things fall into place. I do not feel as though I will need to explain much about it. Also, don't expect to hear it before the end of the year. That won't happen. Although, I'll start recording songs for it in August, the completed opera won't be finished for quite a while.

In the meantime, the Chevron Action Flasher will do the rounds, and I'm looking forward to unleashing him upon the world in August through the IAC. I've already been running a radio station there -Radio Flasher - and this is going to become more dedicated to my stuff once I've stumped up the reasonable amount of money to upgrade my account.

So, I'm busy, happy, stressed, crazy, creative and various other things at the moment. I'm not in love. Which is a major bonus, as frankly I don't want the distraction at the moment (though ofcourse, I would like the sex.)

I'm hoping that The Change (which I'm going to suggest renaming) will get back to rehearsals in mid-August.

Peace and Love,

Tom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter