Saturday, July 01, 2006

That's Da Blues...B.L.U.S.E!

Son House...what a legend. And when the man says that blues is spelt B.L.U.S.E, you're not going to argue. Went to see Festival about the Newport Folk Festivals with Sarah Beth at the NFT on Thursday, she's working for the director in New York. I'd seen the DVD, but as with all films, you should see it in a theatre. Its a great film. And as you can guess, Son House was the highlight for me. The man is from another world.

Don't want to get sunburnt today (Saturday), going to see The Who in Hyde Park tomorrow, and then on Monday too. Should be good. Have been doing my bit for Anglo-American relations over the last week, and having a blast.

Wanted to post a new song up here today, but forget to bring it with me on my MP3 player. I am fuzzy headed this morning. Could probably do with a confidence injection at the moment. Am a bit suspicious of people. I find intoxication and sobriety equally disagreable at the moment.

Emotionally a bit uncomfortable today, don't know why...I feel like something from the past is trying to catch up with me, it would be comforting to believe that I would be carried forward on the crest of this wave, but I fear that I will be dragged under instead.
There are times when minor cracks in my sense of self, turn into canyons...and I feel quite helpless. Maybe things will firm up a bit more once I have moved house. I'd like to write the truth here. Like I do in my journal at home, but I lack the courage. You almost certainly, lack the interest.

Will no doubt brighten up over the next few days with the shows ahead. I have rehearsals for The Change all next weekend lined up. Hopefully I will be able to channel something through that.Tom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter