Monday, September 25, 2006

Should I Shut My Blog Down?

Should I Shut My Blog Down?

I'm not well today. I'm at home. My stomach feels awful and I can't eat. Had a sleepless night last night. Am off work today. Probably just a bug.

I am seriously considering shutting down this blog.

It makes me feel vulnerable to prying eyes. There were over 250 views of my entries last week alone. I am sharing a lot of information about myself, and I don't know if I can do that any longer. I feel as though I can't be as honest as I would like anymore, and honesty is very important to me. I don't want to fail myself in maintaining that.

Part of me though, feels very strongly about using the internet as a forum for sharing ideas, experiences and thoughts. I don't want to fail to make my contribution.

Sounds very serious.

Tom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I hope you decide not to shut down your blog. This is a nice way to keep up with you and what is going on with you. You may think being too honest and open is a curse at times but nothing could be further from the truth. Keep on blogging!

10/02/2006 1:24 am  
Blogger Tom Matchett said...

Thanks Meg.

I'm not so much shutting this one down, as just keeping things on myspace where I continue to post. I was running them in tamden and almost shut that one down too.

But I couldn't resist it and am trying to be a bit more restrained.

I am the world's worst editor.

Tom.

10/07/2006 7:51 pm  
Blogger Jeff said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/12/2006 4:34 pm  
Blogger Jeff said...

Honesty + anonymity + human frailty is THE recipe for interpersonal disaster. People will think they know you better than you know yourself. Some of them will not hesitate to 'honestly' express their analysis for the benefit of a larger perceived audience. That's the price of fame, I suppose. We really are all getting our 15 minutes of fame on the Grid/Endless Wire. I don't like it.

Jeff

10/13/2006 2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter